Accents Bookstore - 2013
Mackenzie Hospital – 2013
• Hosted its first Black History Month Celebration.
• Several of my works were exhibited at the event.
Colour Blind Garden Party – 2012
• Hosted an exhibit where works by several artists
• Artist belonging to the Association of African Canadian Artists were represented.
Colour Daughter of the Caribbean Art Exhibit: August 1st to September 31st, 2012
Opening Reception: August 14, 2012 – 6:00pm-7:30pm
Closing Reception: TBA – To Be Announced
Maria A. Shchuka Library
1745 Eglinton Avenue West
M6E 2H4 (416) 394-1000
Play Me, I’m Yours – 41 Pianos – July 2012
Earlier this year, The Arts Committee of the Toronto 2015 Pan/ParaPan Am Games invited me to be a part of the art project “Play Me, I’m Yours”. I was asked to represent Grenada. With 41 countries taking part in the ParaPan Am Games, the idea is for the 41 selected artists who are from Pan Am countries to decorate a piano so that it represents their birth country or ancestral connection. Once completed, these pianos will be located in public parks, train stations, outside galleries, markets and street corners. The pianos are available for any member of the public to sit and play and enjoy throughout the month of July.
- Exhibited during Nuit Blanche at the Empire Lounge at 50 Cumberland Street in Yorkville.
- Cultural Expressions Gallery in Durham Canada exhibited several of my originals
- Brampton City Hall invited me to host my first solo exhibit. Twenty of my paintings were exhibited for Black History Month and were highlighted for their celebration.
- Oakville Town Hall hosted a Colour Blind exhibit for Black History Month. “Destinations” was included in the group exhibition.
- Mississauga Heritage Centre exhibited the works of African Canadian Artists who had been showcased in the Royal Ontario Museum the previous year with the Association of African Canadian Artists.
- Squatters Gallery in Flesherton Canada hosted a fundraising exhibit to raise money for the victims in Haiti. I donated three paintings “Dance of Freedom”, for the event.
- Ajax Town Hall hosted an exhibit by Cultural Expressions for Black History Month. Several of my paintings were exhibited.
- Whitby Library in Durham Canada hosted an exhibit by Cultural Expressions for Black History Month. Several of my paintings were exhibited.
Gladstone Hotel hosted a solo exhibit entitled Destinations Revisited. It was a retrospective of my body of creative works. Featured in 2010
Royal Ontario Museum Hosted ScotiaBank Caribana’s From The Soul Exhibit. Several of my Paintings were selected for this group exhibit. Modern Batik Art paintings, “Soul Mate Female”, “Soul Mate Male”, “Mother and Daughter”, “Mother and Son” were featured at the Royal Ontario Museum in 2010.
The Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto hosted the ScotiaCaribana Art Exhibit from July 23rd to August 3, 2009. My work ‘Destinations’ was chosen for this Exhibit featuring local Artists.
Featured Art work at the
Royal Ontario Museum:
• Aird Gallery in the Mowat Block: (Power Couple) and (Visionary Union)
Donations were made to:
• Trinidad and Tobago Association – commemoration Independence – Painting
• Durham Youth Orchestra - fundraiser – Painting
• Africentric School – Toronto District School Board – Painting
• Cancer and Diabetes Association – Trinidad and Tobago – fundraiser – Painting
• Squatters Gallery – Fundraiser for Earthquake Relief in Haiti – Paintings
• Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – Monetary donation
• Canadian Diabetes Association – Monetary donation
• Twilight Rotary Club – Scarborough – Paintings